Protection of your privacy
Grabowsky B.V. (“Grabowsky”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information that you share with us. Privacy policies can be complicated. We have tried to make our policy as clear as possible. When processing your personal information, we use the following principles:
- We use your personal information for delivering products and services;
- We do this in a secure manner and securely store the information;
- We are open & transparent about this;
- We respect your trust;
- We will never sell your personal information;
- We will keep you informed;
- We will take our responsibility;
- We will ensure that you maintain as much control as possible.
This policy is effective from January 1st, 2018.
The information that we collect
Grabowsky does not want to know everything about you. Our main reason for collecting your personal information is to provide and improve the products, services and experiences that you as a customer may expect. We collect your personal information when:
- You contact us or interact with us, for example to become a customer or to gather information;
- You visit our website. In principle, you will remain anonymous when browsing through our website. However, your IP address will be logged in order to gather data on which part of the website you visit and how much time you spend there. We do not link this data to your personal information, unless this is required to solve problems with our website, and you have provided your permission to do this. We do this to improve the online experience for you and other users. Refer to the section “Cookies on our website” for more information;
- You engage in other online interaction with us, such as visiting our blog, websites or signing up for a whitepaper, case study, webcast or newsletter. In these cases, we may ask for your name and email address;
- You share your personal information for other reasons than those mentioned above, for example when you ask to be included in an email or mailing list or submit your personal information to us for other reasons.
Once you are our customer, we may need additional information to provide our products and services, such as payment information. In this case we use the “need to know” principle; we only collect the information that we deem strictly necessary to provide our services.
What we do with your information
The information that we collect is used to better understand your needs and to offer you better products and services. Additionally, we need your information to:
- Fulfill your requests for certain products and services;
- Inform you about changes in our products and services;
- Provide our products and services to you;
- Keep you up-to-date on the latest product- and service announcements, software updates, special offers and other information;
- Personalize your experience on our website.
Grabowsky and our business partners may also use your personal information for marketing purposes, but only where you have agreed it is okay to do so. Grabowsky will only use your personal information if this has been gathered in agreement with this policy and applicable laws. Data protection and privacy laws in some countries require us to have a “legal basis” or “lawful ground” for handling personal information. This means that we are allowed to process your personal information only for activities that you have asked us to perform.
In exceptional circumstances Grabowsky may use your personal information for activities that you have not directly asked for. In such circumstances we have a so-called “legitimate interest” in handling your personal information. For example, for:
- Detecting and preventing fraud;
- Securing our websites, products and IT-systems;
- Optimizing our processes, procedures and systems.
How we share your personal information
First and foremost: we will never sell your personal information. Secondly: we will never share your personal information for the marketing purposes of third parties. Thirdly: we will only share your personal information with third parties if you have requested us to do so. We might do this, for example, with distributors that help us sell our products in certain countries or with third parties that help us with mailing services, financial services, auditing services, administrative services, cloud services, security services or insurances.
Grabowsky is an international company and we make sure that access to your personal information by other Grabowsky affiliated companies and partners around the world is limited to those employees who need it. Additionally, we will ensure that all employees understand how and why we protect your personal information.
Grabowsky, and those third parties that we share your personal information with, host, store and otherwise handle that information in the Netherlands (at our headquarters), in the countries within the European Economic Area (EEA) or, in exceptional cases, in any country outside of the EEA. Grabowsky will make sure that any transfer of your personal information from one country to another will comply with those data protection and privacy laws which apply to our business.
When we keep your information
Grabowsky keeps your personal information only:
- For as long as we need to;
- For as long as we are required to keep it by law.
Your control and choices for your personal information
- Know which personal information we store about you;
- Have your personal information changed or deleted;
- Object to the usage of your personal information for certain purposes.
We will respond to your request without undue delay and within 4 calendar weeks of receipt. In order to fulfill your request, Grabowsky will have to verify your identity. We will do this, for example, by requesting a copy of an identification document, where certain information such as your photograph and a personal identification number may be redacted. Please note that we may not be able to fully comply with your request if certain legal requirements prevent us from doing so.
How we protect your information
Grabowsky takes the protection of your data seriously and we take appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. We do this by the following means:
- When transferring information via our website a secure connection is used (TLS – Transport Layer Security);
- Your information is stored securely, and access is restricted.
A specific security measure that Grabowsky has taken to ensure that your information is properly handled, is that we are certified to comply with the ISO 27001-standard for information security. Our information security measures (including the aforementioned ISO-certification) is audited periodically.
Cookies on our website and use of analytics
Moreover, Grabowsky emphasizes the following:
- Our websites, products and services are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children;
- We do not create profiles based on automatic processes, for example to determine personal preferences for marketing purposes;
- We do not have control over the content and the handling of personal information by other websites that can be visited via hyperlinks on our own websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protectionand privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not covered by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.